Call for Artists: Poetry
LightSpace Gallery is now accepting entries for our upcoming online exhibition, Poetry. The exhibition will begin on March 21 (World Poetry Day) and will end on April 30, 2023. There is NO entry fee.
This exhibition will feature visual art (drawing, painting, photography, etc.,) that was inspired by written poetry, or has been the inspiration for poetry, or was created to accompany poetry.
To submit your art for consideration in this show, please email the following materials to LightSpaceGallery@gmail.com by March 19, 2023:
1) One to five pieces of your artwork, scanned or photographed, and uploaded in jpeg or jpg format.
Label each file like this: FirstName_LastName_ImageNumber.jpg
2) A completed and signed Artist Agreement form, found HERE.
Scan or photograph the completed form and attach it to your email.
Label the files like this: FirstName_LastName_AgreementPageNumber
3) Optional: Written poems to accompany your artworks.
If you choose to submit poems, be sure to specify which piece of artwork each poem is meant to accompany.
Please send the poems in a Word document or PDF. Label the document like this: FirstName_LastName_Poems
Good photographs are essential. When photographing your artwork:
1) Please be sure that in your photo, the artwork is viewed straight-on,
not at an angle. Point the camera at the front and center of your artwork.
2) Please be sure that no part of your artwork is cropped out of the photo,
and that no object is in front of your artwork blocking any part of it from view.
3) Please be sure that there are no shadows across your artwork.
Feel free to contact LightSpaceGallery@gmail.com with any questions at all about your photographs, your application, or the exhibition.
If you are not sure how to price your artwork, the gallery can advise on that.