Call for Artists: Displacement
LightSpace Gallery is now accepting entries for our upcoming exhibition, Displacement. The exhibition will run from January 7th to March 7th, 2023. There is NO entry fee. All art mediums are allowed: drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, printmaking, embroidery, digital art, etc. The only requirement is that the work must deal somehow with the idea of displacement.
The theme of "displacement" is very open to your own interpretation. It could mean people leaving their homes because of war, persecution, natural disaster, or another reason. It could mean feeling that you are out of place. It could mean that someone's place was taken by somebody else. It could mean whatever you think it means.
To submit your art for consideration in this show, please email the following materials to LightSpaceGallery@gmail.com by January 1, 2023:
1) One to five pieces of your artwork, scanned or photographed, and uploaded in jpeg or jpg format.
Label each file like this: FirstName_LastName_ImageNumber.jpg
2) A completed and signed Artist Agreement form, found HERE.
Scan or photograph the completed form and attach it to your email.
Label the files like this: FirstName_LastName_AgreementPageNumber
3) A few sentences stating how your artwork relates to the theme.
How do you think the images you submitted relate to the idea of displacement?
Good photographs are essential. When photographing your artwork:
1) Please be sure that in your photo, the artwork is viewed straight-on,
not at an angle. Point the camera at the front and center of your artwork.
2) Please be sure that no part of your artwork is cropped out of the photo,
and that no object is in front of your artwork blocking any part of it from view.
3) Please be sure that there are no shadows across your artwork.
Feel free to contact LightSpaceGallery@gmail.com with any questions at all about your photographs, your application, or the exhibition.
If you are not sure how to price your artwork, the gallery can advise on that.